Kami no Mido
According to temple records, Prince Toneri (676–735), son of Emperor Tenmu (631–686), commissioned the construction of the original Kami no Mido. However, this structure would later collapse, possibly due to damage inflicted by a typhoon. The current Kami no Mido dates from the Kamakura period (1185–1333) when it was reconstructed.
Inside the hall is a statue of Shakyamuni, the historical Buddha, flanked by two bodhisattvas, all of which date from the Heian period (794–1185). The hall also houses statues of the Four Heavenly Kings (Shitenno). This set of statues was made in the Muromachi period (1136–1573) and serve to protect the Buddha. This hall is open for viewing from November 1 to November 3 every year.